I am out of sorts. My routines are gone. My days are not my own. All these people in the house are wigging me out. Everyone is always hungry. The house is never clean enough. Needless to say, it’s uncomfortable, unfamiliar and sticky.
2. Practice yoga, workout or walk. Movement is key to feeling good in your skin. Do what works for you.
3. Drink mushroom coffee. This Four Sigmatic Adaptogen Coffee Mix is one of my favorites. And mushrooms are adaptogens which help moderate stress.
4. Drink 80 ounces of water a day. We often mistake thirst for hunger so getting between 80 to 100 ounces a day will help curb the munchies. This is my favorite water bottle.
5. Get outside in the sun for 20 minutes Nature has anti-inflammatory effects and lowers cortisol (a stress hormone) in our bodies.
7. Only check the news once a day. We live in a noisy world and we have between 60-80,000 thoughts a day. So adding a non-stop, negative news cycle to that can be debilitating. Check-in to stay informed but don’t get sucked in.
8. Watch movies with the family. Find a new (or old) series to watch. We’re currently re-watching Stranger Things because our 12 year-old can now watch it without being scared.
9. Try to go to bed at a normal time. It’s easy to get out of a routine given the state of flux we’re living in right now but creating routine and ritual ensures that we come back to healthy practices and habits. Plus, sleep boosts the immune system.
10. Do something good for yourself. Eat well, detox from sugar, learn how to use REAL FOOD to feel better, sleep more restfully and improve your energy. Ask me how.